Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getaways!


Getaways can do miracles to shoo away boredom in one's life..they can also be wonderful learning experiences....n ends up adding quite a lot of spice n colour to ur tastes:)

Was travelling with my friend's family from B'lore to Thornagallu in Bellary, last week.

1st,I lost my spectacles in the train....n got it back yes....after quite a commotion...I was sleeping on the Upper berth n it had fallen off sometime during the course of the night....Ppal sleeping on the lower berth were quite convinced that it had fallen out, as they had opened the window sometime in the night....

2nd, I lost my chappals after leaving it outside the temple....only mine were gone!!...n ya...ended up walking barefoot, with the blessings of the sun-god...

3rd, survived the bad road journey from Bellary to Mantralayam.....this is 1 ride I wont forget in a hurry!!...all coz the Karnataka n the AP Govts r still to make up their minds on who will get the roads done...

How can I miss out our driver's shortkut....he wanted to save a 20 km ride on a good road...so he takes us on a route that has never seen an invention called "tar" n with ups n downs all through the never ending 15 km ride at 7:30 pm ...in an area that was surrounded in pitch-darkness...n with no signs of light or any human habitation for miles altogether.....

Our vehicle was quite an antique piece and wud require regular attention, every now n then...with our driver getting under the car....in 1 such attempt...the poor guy had to bid goodbye to his pants:)....n had to make - do with a dhothi adorned over the pants....

4th, was amazed by the sort of facilities n infrastructure at the Jindal Steel Plant.....excellent is an understatement.....they literally have a kingdom of their own!!

5th, passed by cotton n red chilly fields.....was actually requested by a kid's mother to take her daughter's pic....here it is...



6th, gotto c different lifestyles of the ppal from the loadsa villages v passed....the highlight being their mode of transportation.....atleast 40 ppal found their place either inside, on the periphery or atop their chutku...tata sumo kinda vehicles.....It was almost like U had ppal popping out of every corner from their vehicles:)

Actually gotto c more number of women working in the fields than the menfolk:)



7th, was almost red-faced:)...well only coz of the soil there...I remember washing my face after getting back home...n seeing a red-patch of mud on the towel....I repeated the face-washing thing twice after that...But with repeatedly fading reflections on the towel!!

If I can write so much abt a 2-day trip...just imagine what I will do....if I take longer trips...God save the blog-readers:)

8 comments:

Sridhar Ramakrishnan said...

Nice one ! Regarding long trips I guess you should give it a try. How about UK for a start ? You will have a head start and a good company if I might add :-)

sid said...

"God save the blog-readers:)"
finally some gratitude towards the poor mortals

Seema Dharma said...

Heyya Sridhar...

u will defintely be better company than Sowmya Im sure:)

Heyya Sid...
Like I force u to read my blog:)

Anonymous said...

hello, didnt realise that you are such a loafer.BTW can you guess who this is?:-)

Seema Dharma said...

Ofcourse...Big Seema chechi:)....was very happy to know that u have a blog too!!....n ya ya...Im one big loafer only:)

suresh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suresh said...

I dint really know u like go arnd places ..n places u have been is something not many do ....I wish I cld have also joined ...will try to make it next time ..but if I have the option of you keeping quite ...I know u dint invite me tats the answer from u :P ...
I have been doing this for past 3 yrs roaming arnd places wr ppl wldnt even imagine tat this kinda place also existed ..I will post it on my blog chkout u might find it interesting ...Ah oh my comment is almost seems like a post better I will end it hr :)....Gud one CEMA

MMK said...

"God save the blog-readers:)"
--- almost all bloggers like to read :) im from a village and have seen the life from near. Nice post. Keep posting ..tumbled upon the blog searching abt autism. nice work you people do. Keep it up !!!

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...