Saturday, February 27, 2010

Discrimination in today's era!

V r blessed with such wonderful cultures, customs n traditions!

V share a whole lot of diversity too in terms of caste, creed, religion, colour, etc....

V r also cursed with adversity in our diversity!!

Im not playing with words or for words here.....Im just referring to an incident that I faced in a temple, where preference was given to ppal just coz they belonged to a higher caste!![High in wat terms...I dont understand....To me ... a person is high only coz of his karma]

If this can happen today.....wat is the solution to prevent it?

I dont want to get into the sympathizing part to the ppal who r inflicted with such discrimination...but is there a way out?

I can change the way I think....But do I take the trouble of changing how the world thinks?

The truth today is that....I will blog abt it....but do nothing else abt it!!


4 comments:

Manjunath Ram Reddy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Manjunath Ram Reddy said...

Casteism or Racism, both means the same Descrimination!

ya text book defn might be different!! :)

So we need to think twice before pointing fingers to the world!! :)

Sridhar Ramakrishnan said...

I second your thoughts completely since I too faced the same some years ago. So after all the complaint, arguments with my dad on that, I decided not to visit the place again. Not sure if it was the right thing to do, but didn't know what else to do !

Seema Dharma said...

Heyya Manju...I discriminate only when discriminated!!

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...