Sunday, August 15, 2010

How things fell in place :)

I know bragging is bad...but there is no stopping me this time :)

Somaiah, a pal at work had sent me a link abt Infosys village, when I had asked him for suggestions to go to anyplace for a 1-day team outing.

After speaking to Sarbani abt arranging for a trip with the children, v had 2 places in mind. D 1st one had a residential school for underprivileged children ...n while v were hoping tat the kids at Bubbles wud be able to have integration activities with the children thr...they never really got back:(

But d 2nd place, tat is Rural Zing was 2 gud to believe :) I still remember d conversation v had with Pritam, who is the co-ordinator from Infosys Youth Wing. He seemed so positive, he suggested v plant trees with the children, gave us detailed descriptions of the village outing, offered to sponsor the trip and when he suggested v have some activities and fun games organized with the village children[talk abt integration :)] , our joy knew no bounds:) n both Sarbani n me had to pinch ourselves to know tat v werent dreaming!!

Pritam and Vishwa

Pritam and Vishwa[the co-ordinator from the village], helped us a lot in preparing d children for d activities at the village n in ensuring tat everything went smooth n fine...

Vinod and Trees for free

I call Vinod one fine day and tell him abt the tree planting activity being planned with the kids at Bubbles and Vinod, very kindly not only offers to provide us the plants, but also sponsors them :)...V wud have silently thanked him so much ki pucho math :)

On Friday, when v were just wondering how to get d saplings from Koramangala to Bubbles centre, with me sitting in my office in Mysore Road and Sarbani in Basaveshwaranagar..I must tell u this...tat at tat very moment....Jayesh calls me telling me tat he is unwell n wont come to office..Now Jayesh had called d previous day to ask me for suggestions to get a farewell gift for a friend n since he cudnt make it..had called to inform....Now since Jayesh stayed near Koramangala..all I had to do was to tell him abt the situation n even tho he was unwell...he helped us get the saplings to the school :) V had 17 children from d school for the trip and exactly 17 saplings :)

Volunteers

Archana, Kevin and Ramya were volunteering for the 1st time at Bubbles and I can tell u tat it didnt really seem like it at all. They helped d kids with their needs, with d crafts, with the assembly line production of d flags :), serving food....Here, I must mention tat I was a lil hungry n wanted to sit in the 1st round itself, when I asked these 3 guys to join me...all they told me was tat...arrey..if v eat..who will serve the rest!!...I wanted to sink below the ground..but I chose to keep my plate back and join them :)..maybe after years of volunteering ..U get a lil lazy n self-centric n very hungry :)..Im talking only for myself here:)

Bob was in action, the moment he landed in Bubbles. D idea abt d crafts n the flag-making idea were his brain-child...n he was always thr almost everywhr helping us all out :)

Praveena, Shilpa n Harshita....wat can I tell abt them:)...If Aatmaja(a kid from Bubbles school) kept running to Harshitha akka(sister), while I watched with great envy :)...Shilpa tho was all over d place with Vishnu(from Bubbles) n her blah-blah-blahwas to be heard miles n miles away.. n Praveena taking very good care of Shreyas(another kid from the school) ...still remember her running after Sarbani asking for a hand sanatizer to wash Shreyas' hands after d tree planting exercise!

Sarbani tells me tat when ur intentions r right, things will always fall in place...n when they dont..just try questioning d intent behind it :)

2 comments:

Manjunath Ram Reddy said...

Kudos!!! I am tempted to appreciate this time to the way u feel of integrating the kids to mainstream, this is how we do at my plays :)

Harsha J...who else... said...

Very nice Seema...
I liked the last line...it is so true...

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...