Saturday, February 14, 2009

After me!!!

There are days...when the whole wide world is after me....telling me that Cma...High Time...U did this....high time...u did that....Today was one such day.....n the strange part being that a whole lot of them were strangers!!

My driver asks me the question I dont like.....Do u drive?...Y dont u learn??.....My driver is an extremely sweet person.....But me a fully stubborn non-driver!!

I hate Deutsche bank debit cards....n if u went through what I did today....probably u wud feel d same....I blissfully forget to carry cash from home....on my way to MoC this morning.....n land up in a petrol bunk with 100 bucks cash n a Deutsche bank debit card.....Something inside me....kept telling me that....wat if the card doesnt work.....ask the petrol pump guys to put in 100 bucks worth ka petrol only.....But my alter ego....which has been putting me into trouble in the recent past..disagreed strongly..telling me that ...WTH....U used the card a few days ago only naa.....

So...yes....Our car is loaded with 500 bucks worth ka petrol.....n Im holding out my card for any1 who wants me to pay....n yes...yes....the card refuses to work....

Incase I wasnt clear anuf...n Im pretty certain I wasnt....I dont drive!! or rather I cant drive!!...I have been able to overcome stage fear...shaky legs...scary heights......dangerous...by my standards...trekking sites....But road fear.....Not yet!!

So....with 100 bucks in hand...I rush to my driver....asking him if he has cash.....n turns out he is as poor as me....

Have u noticed...that when ur in trouble....strangers land out of nowhere n hurl their unasked for suggestions...which is soo irritating ...that it makes me think....Y cant they mind their own business.....there was this UKP who asked me to keep my mobile phone with the petrol bunk...n to try an ATM elsewhere....I know....He doesnt know abt my everlasting love for my phone.....But seriously..how foolish can any1 get....

The petrol bunk ppal....were firm that one of us had to stay....while the other cud go get the money....To me..It was like a movie scene....where they keep heroines on hold...till the hero rescued her out....

I was no hero...n my driver ..no heroine.....

I admit I was totally responsible for getting myself into this mess.....But it was only yesterday when I was complaining that my life had very little adventures...n God was listening.....I must admit...

D auto driver wud have thought this gal is nuts....coz after taking an auto from the bunk asking him to take me to the nearest ATM..n after knowing that the auto charge wud fall less than 100....I kept laughing when my card refused to work at any of the ATM centres......

Finally....Moses who was in MoC came to my rescue.....n I actually wanted to hand over the 1000 bucks ka note to the petrol bunk fella...n tell him.....Keep the change.....But.....It was only a thought....

After picking Pravs from MoC...who BTW starts off with y dont u learn to drive lectures.....n I give her the most insanest..actually foolishest of excuses....abt how I cant drive....wont drive!!....want to spare other mortals...their lives.....thingy n all....

In MoC...my office team had already left..n I ..the latecomer...dragged Pravs.....to MoC again....Pravs...who had bid them goodbyes 15 mins ago...was back wishing them helloo....all thanks to me!!

Since the ppal in MoC knew I was late....they wanted to know how I had come....n they wanted to know if I cud drive :)

After getting back home...my mother dragged me shopping.....now this is not one of those hep shopping escapedes......this is rice n provision shopping in RMC yard ..Yeshwanthpur.....which BTW is always sooo crowded ...n gets me all dusty n sad.....coz u c a whole lot of labourers at work...carrying huge huge mootas of rice......n other groceries on their backs...on their heads.....n after 1 guy carried 50kgs of rice to our car.......I cud hardly lead them to the place where our car was parked amidst all that dust...commotion....n crowd....we were asked to pay him 20 bucks..imagine!!

On my way back to the shop....d person who carried all that load....asked me..y didnt u park ur car closer...I told him...no place...God knows what caused him to ask me "Do u drive??"...I told him..nopes.....he told me one more sentence...n walked off.....City nalli idhu...neevu yaake kalthilla??

No comments:

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...