Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kids, who dont want to be kids ....

Last weekend, after cooking up an uneventful sambar ...when I was drying clothes in the balcony...I was amused to see a young gal, aged around 8 watch me dry the clothes from the terrace on the house facing our balcony ....

A younger boy,Im assuming her bro... comes running and "hopping" :) onto the terrace and asks the gal to play with him....she looks at the lil fella, turns his request down and then continues to watch me ....

I was reminded of my childhood,when I used to yearn to be a grown up....one of the reasons for tat was simply coz ppl used to ask me if I studied in high school...when I was still in primary school...all this n more....only coz I was a lil tall for my age n tat was y I just cudnt wait to get to high school...

I used to think tat its only when u get older u get to do lotsa cool stuff like cooking and maintaining a kitchen .....Thr was this game I used to thoroughly enjoy...n tat was the "house game"....I used to pretend to be a grown up who had to cook and keep the house neat and tidy...I used to spend my time in using candles to heat onions+chilli powder+salt smuggled from the "real" kitchen and in setting the tiny kitchen set neatly and in trying to be full responsible and all :)

Its a different story that adolescence changed all of it and not many ppl wud believe me..if I were to tell them that it was only in the past 1 week that I have actually washed, cut and prepared dishes with cabbage, ladies finger, beetroot and pudina for the 1st time in my life :P

My sister was 7 years older and I used to always wish I'd grow up really fast to wear all the cool clothes that she used to wear....

I dunno if tat gal watching me ..was having the same thought as what I think she had....But ya if she did...I want her to know tat thr is nothing more beautiful in life than being a kid ...Growing up and running errands is not as cool as it may seem :)....n like they say ...the grass is always greener on the other side :)


3 comments:

Manjunath Ram Reddy said...

Beautiful!!

Dirish said...

Nice one ! Reflective . Nostalgic!

ravi srinivasan said...

i would like fewer new age lingo but maybe i'm old. good to read!

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...