Sunday, February 27, 2011

Traffic

This blog post is meant for all the people out there who kept complaining tat I havent been writing offlate:)...To be honest I never expected such an existance of ppl in d 1st place n secondly Im sure they wont make the mistake of asking me this question a second time after seeing so many blog postings the last couple of days. Its almost like this gal is waiting for some topic or the other to start the blah blah blah.....

At home, we havent watched a movie in a theatre for ages!!...So, most of the theatre going business was with friends and that was also beginning to become a rare event....

So, everytime I go to the theatre, it is a very big event for me :)

Yesterday, after I think close to 20 years I was watching a Malayalam movie in a B'lore theatre!!
The movie's name is "Traffic" and I must admit a very fine movie indeed!!

Im reading a book called "The Tipping Point"...I personally dislike reading self-help or any of those "do this n then ur life will improve" wallah books...But this one makes for a good read....giving a new meaning and ascertaining a few thoughts that have crossed my life and my thinking styles..I picked it up out of compulsion to earn some points in our company's mandatory learning programme..But now I have no regrets:)

Now, if you are wondering y I brought up the topic abt the book...then it was also to tell you that he points to a "word of mouth" publicity technique...which the author says is not only ancient ...but till this date ....is the most widespread form of recommendation anybody ...for tat matter anybody wud just heed to...

So, this movie "Traffic" apparently happened to be one of the biggest runaway hits(heheheh..picked up this term from the movie ads :)) of 2010 in Mallu cinema by word of mouth.

Now u know y I referred to the book :)

This movie had the audience hooked and guessing from the start to the finish!! It is a wonderfully woven plot connecting 4 or more parallel stories and bringing out the commanality between them beautifully...b4 I go on n on waxing eloquent :) (high school English classes ka prabhava :))..I will get onto the plot...

The movie starts off at a traffic signal with the very 1st scene being tat of a young gal driving a car being chased by local ruffians on bikes...she jumps the red traffic signal and hits another vehicle.....and then the movie moves back in time to the main characters...n slowly the interconnecting elements begin to unravel....Its amazing how convincingly the movie does this connecting business again and again and tat is definitely an appealing factor in the movie!!

The movie does have its share of yeah rite...these r stuff that can happen only at the movies...but the point is tat it does have it in u to keep u hooked...

The story has Siddharth, a famous movie star whose daughter requires a heart transplant to stay alive...then Vineeth who turns out to be the victim who loses his life in the accident after the 1st scene and whose heart has to reach the dying gal within 2 hours!! The irony here being that Vineeth was actually supposed to be on his way to shoot an interview with the star when tragedy strikes!!

The movie has the ever-talented Srinivasan at his best playing the red faced traffic cop who is under suspension for accepting a bribe to fund his daughter's education and who takes up a massive almost impossible challenge of delivering the heart to its destination to prove his mettle.
It has its moments and is so fast paced that by the time u wonder tat ..haah...this happened coz of that n that coz of this....U already have the story moving to another level!!

The movie later unfolds with details on all the characters who come together in the mission to get to the destination hospital and who in some way or the other contribute to the progression of the story!!

I will stop here....n wud recommend this movie to anybody....not only is it different...it also makes for a fresh break for ppl who are used to seeing the usual stuff at the movies otherwise!!

3 comments:

Manjunath Ram Reddy said...

Madam Ji is back to Form!!

Anonymous said...

Now I have to watch the movie.is it still running somewhere in blore?

Unknown said...

If u liked this movie then watch "Teen deewarein" too.. if i remember it right thats the name of the movie..its by nagesh kukunoor..

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...