Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Boy or gal...

Im sure that almost every other post of mine will mention pregnancy somewhere or the other....for obvious reasons....so bear with me :P

After 38 weeks....I have no clue abt the sex of my child....as here...it is a crime to let out this bit of info before the child is born...owing to huge incidences of female infanticide...

The hospital I go to...is so strict that after my last visit...they have stopped allowing another family member into the room where they do the scan n they always make it a point to make u sign a declaration before the scan stating that u wont ask the person doing the scan the question regarding the sex of the child...

Infact they show you the baby in such a manner...that till date....it has always looked like an alien enclosed within an oval looking space...n everytime they do the scan....as the monitor is always away from me...all I get to c is the technician's face...n somehow they have such expressionless solemn looking faces....that even if they raise their eyebrows...it scares me ....

So the only option left is to turn to family n friends....a lot of hot shot predictors as they call themselves based on the shape of tummy...the glow on the face....n also on sheer intuition have predicted it will be a gal....

But then the day Manju...who claimed to be an expert in palmistry ...took one good look at my hand...n predicted it wud be a boy....I have kinda disowned him whenever v discuss abt this in office :P

Then people talk to me about seasons...when u hear only abt gal babies being born or boys being born...I almost LOLed at the season theory n was pleasantly surprised to find a link: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/baby-gender-predictor/ which has a disclaimer: Just for fun!!

Well...boy or gal...will know it soon...

No comments:

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...