Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pampered!

Its strange how ppl treat u when u r carrying....u invariably end up getting a lot of attention....I have had ppl open doors for me at work n wait patiently  ...while I happily nudge along...carrying food and trying to put up a sheepish smile as I try miserably to acknowledge their courtesy...

N then I used to get some very pleasant surprises at my desk at work....talk abt ppl leaving dabbas of upma[my all time favourite dish] or pulao or bisi bele bath or or egg curry or andhra all greens curry or masala dosa  or sweets....thr used to be a point when I used to wonder if the dabbas belonged to a Vanita or a MS or a Jayashree or a Megha or a Madhur or a Manju...

I kinda made it a point to meet some of my friends before I set out on leave n the moment MS got to know Im going on leave the next day onwards....he had got upma n gulab jamun to office on my last day at work :)

Talk abt Badri...n I m short of words already....he comes up to me on my last day at work for now ...n hands me 6-8 dairy milk chocolate bars...wishing me "Happy hols!" !!!:)

Archu has this aunty who makes the world's best tomato bath n pongal...n everytime madam gets this for lunch....she happily offers her dabba to me n I usually torture her with my cook's chapathi n sabji combos:P

Have lost count of the number of times Saurabh has treated us to ice creams...n the number of people offering to buy me food....n how can I forget the ever so generous Ravi here....:P

Well...u get so pampered to the extent tat one aunty staying in our apartment complex offered to make me anything I wanted ...all I had to do was to just name it :P

Y only sday...my neighbour aunty happened to c me walk on the road...n she told me...I have made some bisi bele bath...shall I send some over?.....she said it wud make her feel gud if she fed me:P....U think I have any probs eating my fav stuff even if it makes them feel bad :P

Ditto with ganda n family....its like they arent even waiting for me to ask.....My sister has baked cakes, cookies for me... those yummy vadas......pulaos... .my mother, the rice ladoos....the only sweet I like....my in-laws have sent fish fry n fish curry knowing the craze I have for it...

Im also told the pampering stops after the baby is born....n while I might be enjoying the last few days of being this highly pampered in life...its made me very happy while it lasted :)


1 comment:

he0101 said...

Congratulations Seema! Good news!

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...