Friday, December 25, 2009

Tripppppyyyy!






This blog started out with a posting of a team outing from office last year.....I took ages to write it...n ppal who managed to read it....had a test of their patience reading it!!

An entire year has passed...my blogspace has seen a lot of posts....some short...some still looong...where in...I just cudnt stop writing!!

Coming back to the point...really difficult to keep me focussed:)...V had our team outing again this week...n it was one of those rare occasions where everything was in place!

I had to get up at 4:30am....an extremely challenging task ..considering how cold it is in the mornings these days...But I kept telling myself ....Its gonna be worth it:)

After leaving home at 5:15am....with my mother standing out till I reached the end of the road....n after promising her that I wud call her after reaching the bus-stop....n having fears of the power going off...n me having to find my way through the dark ...n of dogs chasing me...heheheh...now u know wat exaggeration means to me:) ...I felt small...yes...when my neighbour's daughter joined me in the bus stop...looking all brave n all....She apparently does this waking up part at that unearthly hour and the walking bit everyday to reach her early morning waking up college:)

V started out on time...n tried taking a dig at our boss....by telling him that the bookings werent confirmed n all...though he claims that he didnt fall for the gig....Im pretty sure he did....a lil atleast....after we caught him messaging his friend to help us with the resort bookings!!

I can really sing well....provided I dont sing out aloud:)...after seeing my teammate Maya develop a head-ache after all tat singing....I decided to play it not so loud!!

Before I forget...we were headed towards Doddamakali, located very close to Muthathi near Shimshapura...

We were in for the Cauvery actually.....Im sure Kirthi would agree....as when another teammate suggested a resort which had indoor and outdoor games...the only question that Kirthi asked was.."Does it have the backdrop of the Cauvery???"....so Doddamakali it was!!

Other than the river, we were also promised a guided trek and coracle rides...

A 7 km jeep ride takes u to Doddmakali..n u r actually climbing up and down a hill...till u reach Doddamakali..which is located at the base of a hill...

I had earlier been to Bheemeshwari, which is also pretty much similar to Doddamakali..so I kinda did know what to expect...they didnt let us trek there....n so very smartly I land there with sandals....that finally gave way, 2 days after the trip..but did serve their purpose when v actually ended up trekking in Doddamakali..

The place is very beautiful...n the trek ..was short n sweet....I am personally not too fond of trekking...I keep wondering as to what it is that u achieve at the end of it...U climb a hill..hanging onto whatever u get...n then u climb the same hill down....Big Deal!!...But ya..this trek got us to a rocky place quite close to the Cauvery river...n when u sit there ....with hills n greenery all around...fresh air....with the cold river beneath your feet....It gives u a very serene feeling n u end up thanking the trek that got u there:)

I hate rocks...simply coz I end up slipping n falling on rocky terrain all the time....But what with half the ppal around u telling u that u can never make this stretch ...etc..etc....It really motivates u big time..to deliver ur best!!

Post lunch and a whole lot of volleyball games n kanna-muchi games...n coracle rides...v were ready to leave the place with the jeep ride back to the main road...n I must recommend that if u ever go there...travel in that open air truck:)....n watch out for those branches:)

The ride back was nice...not coz I didnt sing:)....but coz we started out with Dumb Charades.....on movies...personalities....brands....etc..etc.....v actually played non-stop till v got back to office:)

Kirthi was our "guessing man"...often known to make statements like...."I didnt even watch u act...the movie/personality name came to me out of the blueeeee"

Some things I wont forget in a hurry are the ones when Hemanth fell off his hammock twice, in a hurry to retain his spot... simply coz he didnt want me to get to the hammock before him:)

When asked about all the scary poses I ended up giving to anybody who dared to take my photo..all I can say is that...Im a lil tired of giving that 100W smile all the time...n wanted to experiment with expressions:)....I have 2 controversially edited photos....thanks to DP and JH....which talks a lot:)

The ending....well..dunno if I shud consider it an honour or an insult to my singing talent:)...was in Puneeth ending Dumb Charades by miming me...n I must admit....he did a pretty good job:)

2 comments:

sid said...

Please put more interesting pics ...its a blog on the trip and having just one pic is not justified .
I also improved my verbal - coracle and hammock .. thanks!!
I liked the walking upto the bus stop description ..for eventually you admit what a darpok you are :P

Seema Dharma said...

U r d paranormal Darpok!!....remember!!

And ya...will put up some more pics!!

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...