Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sareed!

No...no...no..no....this one is not gonna be one of those senti blogs or those I m grateful for having such pals wallah vote of thanks one....This one is only gonna present the story as it is...no strings attached:)

Preethi, Praveena, CJ n me go to 6 different saree shops to get my wedding saree.....I take them for a ride one entire day...throwing my usual tantrums n wanting to get "the" saree...while Preethi has this flair of picking the right sarees...n having a clear cut picture of the type of zari, its purity, its look, its shade, its authenticity...n as to how it wud look in the photos ....Praveena n me were almost sailing in the same boat ignorant abt Kancheepuram sarees !!...but not today :):):)...today we know well...as good as wat a Preethi knows :)

As far as CJ was concerned, well ..she has this skill of picking up lovely sarees as well...n her focus area was on the fact that watever saree u choose...it must bring out a glow on ur face :)

So, we went to Nalli Next, Samyakk, Deepam, Vijayalakshmi, Sudarshan Silks and Kuberan Silks and later realised ki Samyakk had the best range and variety and they have a separate section for bridal selections....followed by Kuberan Silks in Chickpet....

Sudarshan silks was closing down for Lakshmi puja, so we didnt quite get to explore the range there....

Will never forget it when Preethi asked the sales person to show us sarees till 30, 000/-. I almost fainted right there :)

If Preethi didnt like a saree, Praveena loved it and vice versa :)...I think all in all...V wud have seen close to 50 sarees or even more...n their tastes wud have converged on not more than 2 sarees :)

Will never forget or forgive Praveena :)...when after getting the saree ...on our way back from Samyakk...she made this remark telling...hey...show me the saree ya...lets c how it looks like in broad daylight...n then she was like....it loooooks pink ...n I was devastated :)...simply coz I wore a pink saree for the engagement...will be wearing a pink saree for the reception...n a pink saree again for the wedding was not something I was looking forward to ......even though my mother's and sister's wedding sarees were all pink :)....But later I was glad to know that she was only pulling my leg :)

When the sales person at Deepam showed us one saree, CJ was like...hee...please dont show us that...I am planning to wear that for Seema's wedding...n finally....Yeah....when I look at the saree now...wat strikes me now is tat ...Oh..ok..wat if someone coming to my wedding wears the same one as mine....but then I shall have that poor soul sent into immediate hiding :)

Another update...sudd-suddenly decided to buy a ghagra too for the reception n this time I went with family...V walked into one shop...n bought a ghagra in 30 mins!!....hehehehehe....I really didnt have much of a say...did I?:)

1 comment:

Harsha J...who else... said...

so finally how much is "the" saree and what color was it?

It would have been nice...Pink Uniform if everyone had worn Pink....:-)

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...