Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A learning experience!!

When u learn from experiences.....the learning is more!!

Faith/determination

I was actually seeing one such instance of it just yesterday....

3 ppal....definitely above 45 years of age....walking along the Krishnagiri[Tamil Nadu] national highway....my friend told us by just looking at them that they must be one of those ppal...who walk long distances to fulfill their "mannat"...

Just to set the context right...he stopped his car...when we crossed them...n asked them...where they were going...they replied ki..."hum Rajkot se Rameshwaram paidhal ja rahe hai"...v asked them...for how long have u been walking...n they told us ki"We started on Dec 12th!!!"...n then came d next very obvious question as to why they were doing it....they told us ki"God has given us strength to walk...n it was our mannat that we will walk all the way to visit his abode"..they told us that they slept in petrol stations/hotels......n fended for food n shelter along the way..

Intent behind every doing!!

I dont want to be too preachy...but as I heard a pal narrate this incident...it kinda had a lot of impact on the way I have started looking at the ways of life!!

My friend hates curd rice to the extent that he wont even have it .. if he is starving or if thats the last thing available!!

On a road trip to a remote place, he stops at a hotel and asks them to pack a parcel of tomato rice for him, specifically telling them not to include curd anywhere. Now, my friend had to travel quite a long distance and when he finally decides to have lunch....ya...u guessed it right...freaks out ...when he finds curd rice!! Instead of throwing it, he decides to give it away and sees an old woman lying on the roadside, sick and tired. He offers the curd rice parcel to her and then learns that she had not eaten for the past coupla days....thats when my friend realised that probably the goof up in the food packet was only coz it was meant to go to the old lady and not to him!!

Changing lives!!

There is a village in Dharmapuri and my company has been working with them for many many years now. The village school holds classes only till the 8th STD. After 8th, most children discontinue their studies.

Jan 2008 saw the emergence of "Dream to Reality". This programme intents at educating the children after their 8th, till they achieve their professional goals. I was involved during a very brief period and then moved on to other commitments. I was however aware of most of the happenings in the project, thanks to constant updates from the most dedicated and committed person ..I have met in recent times....Lakshmi, the programme co-ordinator for this initiative.

I was visiting the children for the 1st time in their schools and was amazed by what was in store!!
The impact of the initiative struck me hard, when I saw that it had changed so many lives. Poverty at home was no longer a hindrance in ensuring that they deserved a good education. Apart from education, they are also encouraged to participate in sports and other extra-curricular activities. It wasnt the admiration that the children had for their sponsors, that impressed me...it was the sheer affection....that hit me big time....it was like one big family....they were free to express their concerns....to talk about the things they wanted...feedback on their studies...on their manners....

I am glad I went there with the "core team"....simply coz...I have been part of a chutku number of initiatives in the past....its something that I simply love doing!!...but never before have I seen an initiative like this which has impacted the lives of so many people!!

An initiative like this is not devoid of challenges, but it is the spirit of the team driving this initiative that will help it reach greater heights!!



5 comments:

Jayesh said...

My God...Walking for days is just awesome....

This people have great courage and determination....

I am impressed....

Lakshmi Narasu R said...

I have seen more about faith...

The one that amazed me is missionaries of charity.
Organization that preaches most has their founders/head ppl doing nothing but giving guidelines. I have seen video clips of mother carrying a leprosy hit dying person on her shoulders, walking boldly to her home.
I happened to step into one home by 7:am. I saw a sister, cleaning all human toilets with a face that not even one shrink of the smell… she was wearing only one thin plastic glove….
One sister said.. There was cholera out break in Orrisa flood… villages were vacated… he heard that… and we set up a team and went there to help ppl… that is what we should do na? we did that.
Once sisters went out for a long journey.. We happened to accompany them… we were so hungry… we requested sisters to have food in hotel… sisters said no.. lets go home and have there with my people…
We invited one sister for our company function. She said “Is this related to charity?” I said “No..”. She replied politely “I have taken a oath to do dedicate my life to charity and so I request you to understand and not to force me for a function which is not aligned to my oath..”.

These sisters have nothing with them… but have strong unshakable faith that brings smile to millions of ppl around the world.
When ever I go thro bad times and put a question in my mind is God there I would see these people and say
“They are living example of God’s love. “

Lakshmi Narasu R said...

There are many very minute small acts...which we do

changes life...

it may not be so great when we do...

but brings great imact on other ppl's life

that is how God uses ppl..

Lakshmi Narasu R said...

In Tamil Nadu a school van met with an accident... It had hit a tree and fell into a pond of overflowing water. Amutha, a class teacher, throwed half of the school kids through window. But she was drowned. When they took her body they found two kids holding her shoulders.
People who came to rescue said... Amutha teachers could have easily come out of the bus if she had wished to... but she wanted to save the kids and made a sacrifice.

Angels do exists.

Lakshmi Narasu R said...

If you really wanted to know about God's work... His love, Grace and see him in action... pls watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSrbwmEw2VU

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...