Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Safe-furi!!!!









This post has nothing to do with the ongoing tiger census. It has a lot to do with a visit, v paid to Bannerghatta National Park last weekend.

My sister was here on a short ...rather a flying visit...n v had narrowed down to 2 places...to go sight-seeing with my 2+ year old nephew...1 was Innovative Film City n d other Bannerghatta...

Now turns out my poor nephew was learning abt cows n dogs from books or from his nursery rhymes ka videos....U shud c my sister's excitement on seeing a cow or a dog on the streets...to teach her son....that a cow does mooooooo or that a dog does a "bow wow"....

No wonder she thrashed my idea(actually I have never been to Innovative Film City...an amusement park near Bidadi on the lines of Ramoji Film Studio..with wax musuems...magic mirrors...3-D or 4-D theatres...etc..etc)....of going to Innovative Film City....as her primary focus was to get her son educated abt animals:)...ya..ya..Bnnerghatta ..it was:)

I have been there when I was too small to remember anything...n vaguely remember the zoo n the safari bus...but ya...I know not the intention of y my parents took me there after seeing my sister's purpose...but hey...things were not so bad in the eighties:)

V[also got Shilpa...an animal enthusiast n Praveena...who hated seeing animals held captive] spent nearly 2 and a half hours travelling from my place to Bannerghatta...thanks to all that traffic...

I must admit that the safari is something that got all of us equally excited...as our vehicle drove through forests...v got to c deer, bears[I must admit...some of them had some real innocent faces...I thought...all of them wud be ferocious looking], lions.....My sister was at her best...showing the lil fella...teddy bear...n my nephew repeating the names of the animals ....which was more than music to my sister's ears:)

The best part was when v saw the tigers...my nephew looked at my face...n made a growling sound....It was like...ahaa...."Mission Accomplished"

Most of the animals were spotted pretty close to where Shilpa sat....looks like she was transferring some imaginary energy to them:)...the tiger ..for example...was right under her nose:)...n when v screamed .."Tiger..tiger"...she actually asked us.."Where???"

On close sight, the tiger is extremely beautiful..actually magnificent is the word!!

Its a pity that most of them looked malnutritioned:(....

The zoo was ok..ok kinds....n after giving my nephew more gyaan than the poor fella cud take...v left the place....with Praveena..expressing her concern on animals held captive and on display.....

1 comment:

Manjunath Ram Reddy said...

where was this taken?
Bannergatta...

I remember the white tigers!!

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...