Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mag-adddi!!




Thanks to Shilpa....I always go places:)....our kinda hangouts are different...heeheehee:)

Whenever d 2 of us decide on going on trips....v invariably land up in a village!!

Right from Dabbaspet...to Mangalore....to Gauribidanur.....to Chennapatna.....to the latest one...Magadi!!

I connect instantly with the unpolluted air.....with the simplicity and the affection of the ppal there....with the serenity....with the nature....the farm animals...the fields....the hills...the food:)

I always thought of Magadi as a place on the outskirts of B'lore...but turns out it is actually located in Ramanagaram district....the drive to Magadi is soooper....n Savanadurga..the popular trekking place is located hardly 10kms from the place ...v visited...

Our host, Shilpa's family friend Mohan...took us around to show us his village...he showed us places where he used to hang out with his friends as a kid...the branches of banyan trees ...they used to swing onto...and the hills they climbed up n down....

Now, turns out...that almost every other piece of land is either owned by his parents or his relatives[dodamma/chikamma]....

He showed us various plants......I was actually holding a ragi plant for the 1st time:)...n passing by fields n wells...n chutku streams....n mango trees....

Amidst all of this, v also managed to catch hold of a bakra also:)

This trip made me feel that getaways like this once in a while...can actually do ur lungs n ur skin some good:)


1 comment:

Jayesh said...

Will visit some place with you...Don't know when and where...But will :)

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...