Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kerala bytes!!

I land pretty early at the railway station...n was amazed seeing the level of technological progress our country seems to have made...I mean..U have touchscreens....displaying train routes...timings.....

I was happy to see my collague from work at the station.....after v got chatting ...I discovered that she actually stayed pretty close to my place in Kerala......

We left B'lore by Gharibrath....a Laloo Prasad Yadav initiative ....a neat train....if any1's planning a trip to Kerala.....

I love the scenery in Kerals....the many bridges...the greenery...the konna poovu(yellow flowers) laden trees.....n our place in Kerals...has the famous river Periyar.......running across its length n breadth....

I love my granny...to me...she is the woman ...I always yearn to be.....very loving.....very caring.....goes to any lengths to make her grandchildren happy.....makes a whole lot of personal sacrifices.....is very hardworking.....despite the fact that she has horrible leg pains.....that didnt stop her from making fish curry us.....

I always seem wiser to myself...when she is around.....I also end up being a lot more resourceful than I usually am....when she is with me.....Like all grannies...she also tells me a whole lot of stories.....n these are our ancestral stories.....n I love hearing them....simply coz my granny is a wonderful narrator....she does not preach.....but her stories will always leave you with a lot to think about....

My friends back in B'lore were meeting up to play Badminton....but thanks to my cousins....I ended up playing it too...tho ..I ended up losing badly to them....d funniest part to me ..was that one of them was cheating so badly.....n in so many ways ..he reminded me of me...when I cheat...that I almost didnt have the strength to retaliate.....n was sitting like a cornered oldie:)

Oldie on d advantage:)

Till date, I have always done the running around for the oldies in my family...but for a change...I had my 10 year old cousin do it for me this time around:).....hehehhe....After the feast...I made him run almost a mile to get me payasam...tho...I was feeling a lil guilty for making him do that...for d 1st time ever...after taking d glass from him....I felt even more guilty:)

Ya...ya.....u know that I had my shot at badminton with my cousins...but everytime d cock landed on the rooftop or on the field closeby.....I used my aging power to full advantage...n ordered the chultus to retrieve the cocks for us.....

2 comments:

CJ said...

Seem....we missed you during our badminton match babes .... will play after the trek.....

Seema Dharma said...

That makes me feel good...CJ....n BTW...I think it will be a pretty easy game for me...count on me...to beat u guys in the very 1st set:)

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...