Thursday, September 3, 2009

3 years ago!

This piece is a small narrative of my experience at d old B'lore airport on my 1st and till date last flight alone.....

I finally made it...I had very few hopes though....on Friday at the Airport....where I had a horrible time trying to figure out what was happening and y it was happening to me:(...........

K here goes my narrative of Black Friday.......

The day in itself was a hugely confusing one.........it was only after I carried a 22 kg suitcase from my house to the bus stop...all thanks to an extremely sweet neighbour who offered me a bike ride:)...... when it struck me that i would be travelling.........Thanks to Shila and Prets..........my packing was done..........Guess what my suitcase had.......3 kgs of Pomogranate, 4 kgs of Rice, Soaps, Teabags, 4 kgs of Nedhra Banana, Jelebis, Henna Powder, Rice Powder, etc..etc..It was like I was ferrying the taste of India...

Troubled Sharath who very kindly offered to take me to a place close to office...as the prev day......I could not get Nedra Bananas .....n.....Rahitha, another pal...went hunting for Jelabis and Shils was as usual getting her BP Soaring to newer heights thanks to me:):)

DJ actually accompanied me to the Airport........He was carrying my luggage all
along..........and used to tell me Cma...Come to my right, if there were vehicles coming from the left......while crossing the road.....d good fella that he is:)

I reach the airport pretty early ...at around 8:10...and my flight was at 12.......so they did not let me in till around 9:15......so for around an hour...I stood there getting mosquito bitten:(:(:(

Once v were in........at the check-in counter.....the boarding pass issue karne wallah guy tells me that ur tickets have been cancelled yesterday......V do not have ur complete records here......please come back at 10:30 .......will put u in Waiting List........


Indian Airlines had this stooopid thing like u have to actually call the Airlines, 3 days before ur flight telling them that u want them to confirm ur tickets or else they get cancelled........Now Cma has already done the needful on the 10th itself.........and yet they were denying me tickets:((:

Also, when u r travelling alone.......and have a 22kg suitcase in a Trolley............when ur phone has not been recharged,......and ur told that the nearest phone booth is a Floor Away, accessible only via a staircase............U dont know where and how to leave ur luggage...

There was this really sweet family.....who heard me talk to one of the Airport Guys regarding my luggage....who offered to keep a watch on my luggage....while I made the phone-call.....and yes........with growing worries of whether they wud hide guns or drugs[Hindi Movie Gunaah effects] in my luggage......and have me jailed.............

Turned out that they didnt:)

After calling Bro.........who had no clue y this was happening......and who asked me to speak to the Manager........I did just that..........


The Manager apparently had a different story to tell.....He claimed that the Ticket No on my Ticket and the one in their system did not tally...........something which he himself cud not offer an explanation for.......But like namma TT of Railways .....he assured me ......Madam I will
get u on that plane............ come at 11...........thats when I realised that they did have a waiting list system in place there also...

I remember sitting in that tiny place behind the check-in counter with the manager and his staff giving me contradictory views on y I cudnt check in yet....if one was complaining abt that silly calling up part....which BTW I had already done...d other was wondering y numbers on my ticket didnt tally anywhere on their system....which kept me wondering if I had actually purchased a valid ticket...

This time, people in and around me in the Q also seemed to show a lot of emphathy......I kept explaining my situation and asking them for solutions....n not one of them told me things like u will have to go back home....strange as it sounds...they were very encouraging n reassuring....


Now people...Plane's leaving at 12.........And these people want me to do all that last min running to catch flights that they show in movies....that I am already famous for in Life:)

Just when I was wondering wat I wud do if they told me ....madam...no ticket.....no seat....I was damn sure that I wud empty my suitcase of anything edible....n wait till 6 in the morning n catch a taxi back home....

At 11:20.......D manager came to me with my boarding pass..........one of my happiest moments....n when I was finally on that plane, I felt so victorious.....wat with my fellow passengers expressing joy that I did make it finally....n giving me the thumbs up sign:)....all thanks to 5 people who had cancelled their flight............I keep wondering wat if I had to go back home had those 5 people turned up....

No comments:

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...