Friday, September 25, 2009

Taken 4 a ride!!

Happened to take an auto from Nayandahalli[Mysore Road] to Malleshwaram today evening...n it turned out to be quite a ride!!

I grew up travelling to school by auto...n having a gala time....there were times when nearly 20 of us would sit inside 1 auto....our auto uncle...was an extremely sweet guy....he wud stop to let us have ice candies....he used to wait patiently for us even if we were late[only thing that I was infamous 4:)]...n most importantly ...he used to drive safe!!

Coll had me juggling with pals from Mounts to Malleshwaram 18th cross...n arguing with them non-stop in brilliant Kannada:)...there was this one time...when a certain auto driver asked me to 1st go learn Kannada n then talk to him:)

Since then, d only point when I get irritated with them is when they ask for extra money or when they refuse to go to specific places....

Coming back to today's ride....my auto hit exactly 5 other vehicles[1 Honda Activa Bike, 2 BMTC buses, 1 mini-lorry and 1 Maruti Omni Van], missed killing 2 pedestrians and had every other person on the road reprimand my driver.....

N mind u...Im not exaggerating ......for all I could do sitting behind....admidst huge traffic jams in Mysore Road-KR Market Flyover Road.....was to hope that either of us didnt get hurt...

After our 3rd hit...I had like ...like...enuf....n I must admit when it comes to things like this...my tolerance levels are so much more better.....I politely requested him to drive slowly....to which he muttered something under his breath....which sounded like this...."Pay me double..if I have to drive slow"....n...."Bengaloooru traffic....U have to drive like this only"....

Having realised that my cries are not gonna get addressed......I was just thinking of asking him to stop.....to take another auto....when he hit a mini-lorry from the back...n ya...his auto's side lamp was on the road....

After that hit, I was dead sure that he would have learnt his lesson...n wud mend his ways.....so I stayed back with the same auto....only to have the next sets of "hits and misses"....

I was wondering all along if such things actually happen ....I thought it did only in movies...where u r forced to laugh at such scenes....

I have seen rash drivers...but they have very good control of the vehicle...n rarely go bang into other vehicles....but none like this specimen....either the auto is not his...or belonged to someone he hates...or maybe he wanted to get rid of the auto...for something better......or maybe he was allergic to other vehicles on the road....or maybe he was just out of his mind......coz even after hitting some non-suspecting vehicle.....our hero would actually throw his hands out of the auto...n yell!!

2 comments:

Harsha J...who else... said...

I still wonder how did you allow that auto driver to drive like that...and how come you still sat in the same auto? very surprising ...

Seema Dharma said...

Extremely high tolerance levels even when not required:(

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...