Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Story Time!!

A car stops by an old age home....n u have this inmate packing her stuff unwillingly......when quizzed by her fellow inmates...as to y she wasnt happy abt her son ...who had come to take her home to the US....She tells them that...."Hello...what makes u think...he's taking me to the US...to look after me....He is taking me to the US to look after his kids..when he n his wife go to work....n to look after the house.....simply coz its difficult to find a trustworthy maidservant.....also.....they dont want to travel all the way to India for my funeral...when I die....To avoid the costs...they would rather have me live n die with them "

An old man in an old age home is excited beyond words....He has just heard from the doctor that his sons r gonna take him home.....

The old man weaves a dream as he sleeps beside his packed bag....wherein his children are all too glad to have him back with them...n happy good times spent with his grandchildren...

Cut to reality....n when his sons do come to take their father back home...he does not sense any excitement in them.....

After landing home, he is offered food...n then asked to sign papers to hand over the property to his sons....n when he asks them..."But...where will I go?...Will u take me with u?"...he is met with replies like..." U wont like it at our place...Its far too hot...Both of us work....How will u manage alone at home..."

Finally....he is offered a ride back to the old age home....

Wat u read are 2 stories that were aired on Asianet[Mal Channel] yesterday....n s I didnt get to actually watch it...But gotto hear every minute detail of the episode....

2 comments:

Shwetha Srinivasan said...

Sad.

Manjunath Ram Reddy said...

My Turn!!.

I know a couple both in their mid 80's living all alone at Langford Gardens in there own apartments and who have seen Fame and Success equal to any other Film Stars!!.Ask where are the children? All are in US!
Their daily routine:
-Reminding each to take their pills.
-Inviting friends to kill their loneliness
The couple make their Long journey once a year to US even today just to meet their children for a week!
An oldage home would be a heaven to them!

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...