Saturday, January 10, 2009

8:15pm

This blog is dedicated to the tormentors Harish n Kishore and to my tutor Ravi...

Our office timings are from 9am to 6:45pm....U take the 8:15pm cab if you decide to stay back late....n whenever Im into any project....thanks to a lot of inefficiency during the day...I do end up staying back late...almost every other day....So if u leave ur house at 8am in the morning...U wont get back before 9:30pm....n even before u realise....as my colleague put it....he gets to see me run to catch the cab the following day:)

My phone has a single drawback.....the antenna is not too good for FM radio reception...so in the 8:15pm cab..I make it a point to sit anywhere close to the radio....am the unofficial DJ...of the cab....n I get lotsa telephone requests from the backbenchers....if at all Im busy with my thoughts.....n forget the ritual of playing songs....

We switch cabs mid-way from a Swaraj Mazda to a Qualis n thats how I got to know Harish....now every1s not in the best of spirits in the 8:15pm cab...ppal are usually tired....I have seen mothers worrying abt their kids' homeworks or cooking or ppal just waiting to rush back home...to eat n sleep...

Harish appeared to be an extremely reserved person..so did Kishore....n I was in the rapid mood swings wallah phase..I still dont know how I got all chatty with these 2 guys...but all I remember is the frequent arguments...the small fights..about the most ridiculous things on earth.....even at the end of the day....v used to talk in raised tones to proveour respective  points....tease.....talk abt philosophy....my MBA...abt irrelevant things that did or did not make any sense...it was amazing how each one of us seemed to possess the energy....but after a bad day at work....the cab masalas wud always put me into a good mood...n u go back home all cheerful...n not grumpy faced:)... V used to irritate everybody else in the cab..talk abt work-life balance....n Harish used to take extra pride living in the ignorance that he used to put me off  or irritate me with his constant chitter-chatter or philosophy ..there were days when that used to be on his mission-list..but the poor guy was always unsuccessful at it...coz little does he know that I am extremely immune to irritation....

MBA

D day I get my MBA degree.....I owe it to u guys....sorry Shila....am missing u out here:).....coz if it werent for their constant motivation...which BTW always consisted of the following sentences....When r ur exams??...Have u opened ur books.....At this rate....U will have to repeat ur papers....Going by 8:15 cab....huh....how will u study.....wat if u fail....so now u know how well they motivated me....

Kishore was my good luck charm for the MBA exams..I used to believe that if I passed on chocolates n kept him happy ...I wud pass my exams:)...different matter that my hard work n dedication to studies had nothing to do with my end result.....which was that I cleared all my papers.....
Phony stories

Kishore used to sit in the right opposite bay...n he was 1 of the very few ppal who had to take my tortures....

I have a loud voice....I cant whispher n talk.....when I am on phone...everybody sitting atleast 100m away will know wat I am talking abt....I sometimes wonder if I cud go places if I had the knack of talking softly...I dont...n d end result being that ...the ppal around me have all changed...Im still at the same place!!!

So..it was no surprise that in the 8:15pm cab...Kishore wud use this to tease me.....different matter that he used to accuse me of disturbing other ppal at work...but like I cared n was not remotely interested in taking him seriously...

Another topic that generated interest was my phone....hehehe...Harish used to own the same model once upon a time....n he hated it...n I ...on the other hand...simply adored my phone....

If it was sleek to me...It was stoopid to Harish....

If it was sooper cool with IR features n all.....It was featureless to Harish coz he was ignorant of its excellent features....

If it was more than a phone to me.....It was only a phone to Harish....

Telugu

I have always wanted to learn new languages....n 8:15 cab saw me learn n unlearn Telugu...all thanks to Ravi....

Today

Harish n Kishore no longer take the 8:15 cab.....they no longer work in my office...But I still do....n today I have a different gang in the 8:15 cab....n s....v still fight....v chat abt everything under the sun...so..be it the mad-ads or the yoga classes or free gyaan...or d movies or d songs....V r a music crazy gang....V tease n get teased....V laugh n get laughed at.....I dread the days when I travel back home alone..thats when d others have left early...n I pray that ...for as long as I stay back....they do too:)

7 comments:

Harish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harish said...

Whoh!!!! Looks like you are still having the phone.
Frankly speaking,i enjoyed the company as well,but you see I have got bakras at my new place as well ;-).

Btw i believe it is not about people been there,coz being what you are ,there will always be people who would disagree and love to irritate :-).

And dont give this jaz that u never used get irritated.
Btw Looks like the blog is going to make me popular hahaaahaahhahahhaha !!! [Ravan Hasi]

Kishore said...

Yes, I 2 agree, She is hiding the fact that she got irritated and to cover it up she has the excuse of her mobile FM for which she shifted to front of swaraj mazda.. very clever :P

She also wrongly claims to have given chocos for all the semesters... She did it only for first semester. She never studied for exams, she did 1 day batting for all her exams.

I still remember she coming 2 pffoce one day and cribing about an exam which she barely managed to pass :P

Her voice was too loud for IT Hardware Engg :P. No wonder She is doing MBA in HR..

For all IT companies reading this...Seema a born HR..hehe..

@Harish- Well as I remembered the new bees missed ur fundas so much they were upset abt u leaving...lol

Harish ka fundas r going to be popular yeppy :P

It was our group which made 8:15 cab little exiting.. otherwise it wld have been a vehicle ferrying tired exhausted IT ppl...

You remember I still owe your bday gift :P

Rahul Nair said...

the blog was nice except for the part where you try to impose that your stupid phone is the next great thing after God!!! :)

Seema Dharma said...

Rahul...

My phone is sooper da....didnt u see if for urself...even after Shilpa missed it in the catch....nothing happened to it....so now u know 1 of the many reasons y I love my phone....

Seema Dharma said...

Harish...

U have never succeeded in irritating me ...not even once....coz I used to enjoy listening to ur sometimes bakwas n sometimes not sooo bakwas philosophy n to all those thought provoking questions n topics we discussed about...

I pity ur new bakras though:)

Seema Dharma said...

Kishoreda...
I cleared my papers with decent marks....n s with 1 day batting ...sometimes not even that:)

U were d only person who didnt gift me...n I will never forgive u for that:)

N hello....if u were so absorbed in ur work....hehehe..my constant chitter-chatter..wudnt have affected u as much as u claim it did....

Also...if u ppal were sooo persistent that no matter what....u wud still bug me....what stopped u from coming to the 1st few seats...eh:):)

As far as I remember, there were plenty of empty seats there as well...hehehe...

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...