Sunday, January 25, 2009

Talennzzz!!!!!!

I wonder what mine are!!...If u can call watching a movie and getting so involved that it actually takes time for u to get out ....actually..the bookies also have the same effect on me....

Will skip mine....n save u d trouble from reading my self-obsessed stories this one time....

Cindy

Now this 1 is 7 years my senior....has been with me every single moment of my life....always fought for our rights or freedom....I didnt have to do anything.....By the time ....I was old enough...things were already on the platter:)...Caring for others...is in her blood....she was the only reason I studied the way I did...when I was in school...Imagine having to get back home facing the sad face of Cindy when u tell her that I think Im not gonna get the 1st rank...coz I will be losing a quarter mark here or a quarter mark there..Anybody wud plain be determined never to repeat their mistakes... till this day.....most of the stuff I do has been her influence.......Is very cute with her thoughts....has an extremely good sense of humour...goto her when u r feeling down n then u will know....unfortunately has talenzzzz that only her sister is aware of :)...hehehe...the world is yet to discover Cindy.....

N if u thought distance as in thousands of miles could ever weaken a relationship.....I would suggest ...think again...coz if u r with Cindy..it only gets stronger n stronger........

CJ...

An absolute charmer....but has a wonderful side to her personality...that I always wonder not many people are aware of....Her talent lies in being this extremely caring n always giving person...to her pals....to her family....to just about anybody around her.....

She can carry herself in just abt anything.....has a wonderful taste ..when it comes to clothes, make-up, foot-wear n accessories...

She is also somebody that each of us have immense respect for...ya...ya...blame it on the fact that she is the 1st born in the group....but for the way...she gives in her best all the time....be it work....or fun...or just plain talking:)

Bacha:

This 1 is abt a certain Mr. Shayandhu who is almost 23.5 years my junior...n just missed being born on Shw's and my B'day....actually Im extremely glad that he was born exactly a day after Shw's B'day....or else...wat if he turned out to have her characteristics.....

Dance is his fortray......as it also runs in the family :)....if Sir hears Gujarish song from anywhere in the universe...He will run to the TV....Stomp his feet....turn around.....clap his hands...n dance.....hehheheh

He is d only other person in the entire universe...who truly adores my phone...as much as I do.....c him cry for it...n then u will know...d min...he gets it in his hand....observe him key in something here...n something there...n then lo..behold...d next moment....d phone is on his ears....n u can hear him talking away into it....with deep interest....

Maskafying ppal to go out......U shud c sir running after me at home...after Im just back from office...it is almost like the rest of the ppal in the house...dont exist anymore.....

Im told he is speaking now...but is yet to name his Masee :),,,,,,

Shila:

Talk the walk or the chat or the chair...or the footpath ...or the road..or the building ...I think this gal talks in her sleep also....hehehhe:)

V were in the same school.....didnt know her much then....I dont know how she missed talking to me...must be she got better with age....n haa....n Engg...she talked n talked n talked some more..n became a close pal....

I will lay ur talking to rest now...or else.... I might face dire consequences....hehhe...

Absolutely caring......very very giving....tolerates me big time....sometimes with my mood swings n sometimes with my constant boring tales....poor gal..I do pity u at times...ya

Shw:

A wonder in her own right.....Can paint like crazy....can do just abt anything under the sun....be it dance....n sometimes braying without caring for the rest of the world :)....have u ever had a friend....who had an arts exhibition in Chithrakala Parishad....The Arts Centre for professionals n have artists with thadis n over 40 years of experience in the field...ask u ...where u were trained...when u haev done it without it at all..something like Kishore Kumar singing without having formal training!!!

Pravs:

Actor, Dancer, Writer.....is the official solution provider to all our miseries :)...Has all the time in the world....to do stuff that she truly believes in...so dont be surprised that till date no1 has ever travelled that far to teach the refugee children on a regular basis....or actually drop in at times....when u need a shoulder to crib on.....

Gotto meet her when v were 11....over a round of Anthakshari.....n to this day..if there is any1 who knows us better than any1 else in the entire universe..It is her :)

Is a constant learner......learns from ppal...from experiences.....is bloopy at times :).....is an avid reader.....does awesome sketches....does a whole lot of things on her own...U will wonder where she learnt it from!!!

Prets:

A natural in more ways than one......is one hell of a care-taker, likes feeding hungry souls, no degree of finesse acting can stop her from doing what she wants to do!!...ya..ya...Am referring to the million times...madam has landed on my doorstep...when my parents were out of station....with food fit for a Queen!!!

An adventurer by nature, you are most likely to find her doing cute stuff like scaling trees, robbing fruits :)....ya...she claims that stolen fruit tastes the best....running into just about anything .....wanting to discover stuff....

She exudes a warmth with a lovely down to earth feel to it....except when it comes to her Kannada speaking skills....she has a looong way to go!!

Laks:

If Im already surrounded by caring pals....add Laks to the list 2.....this gal is made of stuff that very few ppal can comprehend...but if they cud.....U will be able to understand the recipe to staying cool n performing even under constant pressure:)

Initiator of sorts...does a lot for pals..has ensured that even after nearly 3.5 years of passing out...our coll gang is still in touch.....I like it best to watch her fight or argue or peck on Rams....she is 1 gal who has always stood by her pals...through thick n thin....I can never forget the Jan 1st accident n d amt of courage this gal showed all thru it.....

She is always loaded...so she was my constant money lender in coll......will never forget B'days or to remind poor souls like me n Rams to wish the others ...hehehe

Rags:

When it comes to doing stuff for others...be it supporting handicapped gals in their operations, ensuring that they earn a decent livelihood or providing learning resources to Government Schools...or visiting orphanages or old age homes...n bringing cheer to the lives of others.....U have Rags.....Unlimited :)

Though extremely practical in nature...when it comes to helping others....she thinks with her heart....is extremely self-less....n an extremely dedicated woman ...be it in her work or her social service activities.....Is my inspiration!!

Deps:

U didnt ask me to write abt u....a few of d others did :)...but I wanted to....
If there is 1 person...u meet after say...5 years...n u talk n have a blast just as how u always used to....U r ref to Deps....
Wisdom as they say comes with age...n if there is anything new or different in our friendship..is that...1/2 the time...when madam is busy hurling wisdom arnd....I do d pretending to listen act....
But there are times when u believe that simplicity n plain affection make such a powerful combo :)

DJ

This post is being written only coz he complained that u always write only about ur friends....n I wanted to prove him wrong :)

Born on Republic Day.....This bandha is perfect Achan-Father character....ppal have told me that not too many guys like being addressed that way....But thats precisely y I do that...

He is the 1st UKP....Ullu Ka Patta..I have known....who has all d time for his pals....I still remember d times when Shar, RJ, Shanthu, Shila, DJ n me used to have lunch together.....n sometimes when I used to get crazy abt work....even if I used to tell d others to carry on....this bandha wud come over to my workplace...n wait till my work gets done....n refuse to leave until I joined him!!

He was my official counsellor ...n has guided me thru tough times .....But if ur his pal..n r online blogging till 2am...n if UKP happens to be online 2....Gone...His fatherly act will take over n he will order u to sleep :)

Shar:

Thought he was Mr.Introvert when I met him 1st....But all that was due to change in the months to come...coz if u r wondering as to wat is that gals apply on their faces before they apply make-up n if u have 2 other gals in the group trying to wonder wat it is....Shar will give u d....U dont know that also look:) n tell u "Foundation" in no time....

Knows more abt gals...than v did ...he attributes all his knowledge to growing up with sisters :)

Can crack technical jokes...n when he ends up laughing at his own joke...thats when u find it funny too :)

Some1 who rarely forgets B'days ...I find it difficult to believe that guys can remember B'days...but he is 1 solid exception....

Have troubled him all the time...but then he has higher immunity levels than any guy I have ever met....


RJ

Bubbly....Fun...Witty....n practical.....thats how I wud put her together.....catch her give Shila competition 4 d perfect smiley pose...when some1 makes d mistake of taking their photos..:) or give u straight in the face....U asked 4 it...answers...that will keep u thinking that .....oh.....dont even dream abt beating around the bush...when u interact with this gal....

Managing workkk...fun....chat.....working flexi-hrs...n still managing to finish stuff...well in time....koyi isse seeke...

N d next time...U hear some1 call u a Moron....after meeting u 4 15 mins...U know RJ's arnd...:)

SVPK

Used to love expanding Abbreviations in coll....but dont ask me this 1...4 1...Forget abt d expansion...m not even sure abt the abbreviation...but m sure SVPK...knows who I am ref to...:)

Bindaaaas........Coooool-headed.......Comittment focused.....n simple......U get d feeling that madam is all serious ...serious types....but then...she is d silent entertainer....n can keep u laughing at just abt anything....

Moses:

Where do I start?....Moses is like the man who is looked upon as the flag bearer of all social service activities in office.....Wats best abt him...is that...he rarely makes a noise abt what he does....as he does it with a genuine need to help those in need!!

He has taught me a lot in the years that I have interacted with him about initiatives that can atleast change 1 person's life for the better....

Be it MoC or IGIA Refugee School or Spastics or Samarthanam or any blood bank or any school or home for d underprevileged or d orphans or d old or d destitutes...he has made social service a part of his life...n he is not 1 who pursued it for a couple of years...he has been pursuing it for decades...n is an inspiration to an entire generation of ppal like me :)

Sarbani

Creativity....Fun....Affection....Energy....Enthusiasm.....Unlimited......Welcome to d world of Bubbles Learning Centre for Autism and its founder!!

An autistic child's mother complains to Sarbani telling her that my son cried on the road...as d ice cream guy was taking time to serve us.....n whoa....U have the son...going.....I will never do it Sarbani Aunty....I promise..I wont cry on the road....Sarbani keeps a straight face....n tells him..So u will cry in other places...n then the son...starts his promises all over again....

Interact with Sarbani...just once...n I bet u ...U will get back home thinking u have met a wonderful person :)

Sups

Prep for internal tests in Engg: 0%....Both of us used to land in coll at 8am for the 9am inrternals....go over all d possible short cut notes available....n clear our tests :)

Be it d bike rides or d dance...or d plain solid need in coll to do something different n to have fun..they were met largely by Sups :)

Catch her giggle at the silliest of stuff.....or again get tensed for d silliest of stuff....n u will know fun :)

Vani:

D only reason y I spoke decent Kannada in coll....or started loving Akki Rotis....

Another last min internal tests study partner.....Sups, Vani n me formed a gang of ppal....even when v used to study in d last min...all of us kept cribbing half d time y v didnt read stuff earlier...coz in crowded BMTC buses, where in u cud hardly stand....U had us....holding fat textbooks...n mugging stuff:)

Adorable, simple n extremely friendly.....thats Vani:)

MJ:

1st it was CJ...then it was DJ...then it was RJ...n now it is MJ....

Email trapper....is known to set traps by sending out purely innocent mails...n then starting a mail chain....n getting u to write all sorts of stuff in it....:).....Used to have a blast in office with all those mail chains...esp d 1s after the Wayanad trip potas were out :)

He used to sit right behind me for over 2 years....n 1st I thought he was an introvert....but...Sir..is d 1st person....to ensure that ppal get to go on trips ...on treats....or just abt anything that is fun...

Xperiments a lot with his moustaches...thadis.....beards...etc...so everytime u c some1 with a new look....it cud just be MJ....:)

DP

Wat can I write abt a guy...who is sooo much fun.....n can never be found serious......

He is charged with d crime of having dropped my wonderful phone on hardened concrete surfaces just to prove that my phone wud still work....My phone did...but his endurance has caused him to repeat his crime against my phone...twice...

It was great fun...when DP, MJ, Maj, DK n Sow used to sit in the very same bay as mine in office.....now all of them have moved to other locations...except me.....

V used to argue quite a lot....draw each others faces on the white boards....play football.....n s...work also:)

Maj

D most unselfish guy I have ever met...always tries to make time to help others...was d official tutor...to almost all d freshers in office.....

But has a fun side to him...that surfaces only on extremely rare occasions......n when it does....U will laugh till u cry....

Was d unofficial person to have d gals in office give me bumps on my B'day n is 1 who is always ready to treat ppal...even when u r tired hunting for reasons...as to y he shud treat:)


Jay

V call him blood....simply coz if there were ever to be a request for any blood group....Jay wud have all the required n mostly...all the information...
imagine starting a group in coll...that worked towards sensitizing ppal to causes pertaining to blood donation, blood banks, serving out in Tsunami refugee camps....trekking all the way to the Himalayas...n representing a whole bunchaa ppal...in and around Karnataka....to distribute blankets to the qauke affected areas in Kashmir....
Commitment.....an easy going nature...n an extremely down to earth person...n a striking example of the saying"A friend in need....is a friend indeed"

Rac

Heheheh......I think d 1st word that Rac wud have uttered wud have easily been "BORED"....coz there r very few occasions when he isnt.....

Mr.Bored is huge fun...though I had hardly a clue.....when v were teammates.....It was I guess after the Chennai trip...that I got to know that there was this funny side to him....

U can chat with this guy for like ages.....abt just abt anything in the univserse..Is my guru in office...for all the non-technical stuff :)

Music crazy....Movie crazy....ya...v share a few things in common...alright...but it stops right there :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Seem .....
I think after going through your entire blog today ... i have discovered that u have a talent for blogging ... apart from dancing and GK .... u seem to be getting real good at this ...
Love
CJ

he0101 said...

I think you should've done more to put up the real names of the people you were giving testimonials about.

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...