Friday, January 30, 2009

Daaaaaash-------

Have always loved the last min dashes to reach places...unless n until I believe there is a cause involved...I rarely make it in time to any place.....n even if I do...U know how I do...:)

July 2005: Training in Office.....My assignments were taking time to get done....cudnt catch the regular cab at 6:30....n had to catch a train to Chennai at 10:30pm...that night....

My uncle was supposed to drop me off to the station....so I leave office at 7:30pm...catch all the possible buses..TTs.....just about anything that came in first and land home at around 9:15pm....n then I get to know that my uncle wont be able to drop me off owing to a personal emergency....

My family was in Chennai...n I was supposed to join them there......n there was hardly an hour left to catch d train....n d station was a good 45 mins away!!!

Thats when my neighbour uncle stepped in....he had plans of taking me to the nearest auto stand n accompanying me to d railway station..But...hey ..in my area....there were absolutely no autos in sight....n I forgot to mention that neighbour uncle had a TVS Luna.....n I 2 big fat bags.....

V were moving at an extremely slow pace...naturally....:)

After rubbishing the auto idea....n after stopping at a petrol bunk for fuel....I realised there was no point....n was preparing myself to return back home after cancelling the tickets...as it was already 10:15pm....

But then....d climax to this story is that...I really dont know how v reached the station....how I was rushed into the nearest platform...n how I caught a train which was just begining to move....at 10:30pm sharp :)

Moral: Murphy's law revisited...but if u have an uncle with a kind heart ...noble intention...n even with a TVS Luna....U can still make it just in time....hehheh.....

N if u r wondering y I chose to write all this now...coz of 2 reasons....

1. My friend missed her train in the recent past owing to traffic jams...
2. 4 d 1st time in my life....I missed my cab at 6:45pm today.....with a battery down phone....but still managed to reach a function just in time.....thanks to a certain Royal Enfield :)

No comments:

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...