Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wats cooking?

Me was never overly enthu abt cooking....simply coz I was always into other stuff at home...n sister n mother used to do all the cooking...n they were pretty good at it....so all I used to do...was to get my plate ready in time to eat...n officially taste n tell them if uppu kara is all fine....there were times when I have accused them also...hehehe ..of denying the entire family gud food..if the dishes didnt match up to my tastes:)

I stopped my nasty habit......sudd-suddenly....after visiting a children's home....where they had Iskon provided Bisibelebath every single day for lunch.....


Now my parents r always kind in their comments if they r having something I've cooked....even if it tastes pathethic.....largely coz they dont want me to give up on it....

The 1st time I made chapathis...I mixed the dough n was rolling out the chapathis ...while my father was tossing them around at the stove...Now my father was an awesome cook...once upon a time....before marrying my mother.....it seems all guys who did or did not know him also....used to travel miles to have my father's rotis n mutton curry.... So when my father asked me if I had just rolled out a Karnataka Map....I vowed that I wud one day...as Praveena tells me all the time...make nice round chapathis.....

No comments:

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...