Sunday, March 1, 2009

Concerted!

Had been to my 1st...last week....there were bands playing out all kinds of cool music....loved Swaratma...tho I didnt think too high of all that jazzy clothing...they had a sooopper violinist....n terrific music...
Loved the Cuba man....who sang Latin American songs....n had us on our feet:)....He was introduced like this....The man u c before u....has been a fighter for the human cause all his life....he escaped death n faced prison trials for helping peasants when his home country was facing military rule.....we were told that he had served in South Africa n is currently working in China.....

He looked a lot like Jackie Chan to me.....when he was presented an award....he told us that it was his first ever...n after thanking the ppal who presented it to him...he went ahead n thanked the tree:)....[the entire show was held under the tree]...

There were Kabir inspired dohas, an awesome group who played excellent fusion music......n plenty of other great bands...

The music was awesome...it was performed live in the open....d only thing that bugged me....were the ppal smoking in n around us......if ppal wish to smoke....let them smoke...I have no issues....but do be considerate enuf to think of all the poor ppal who might have to endure that smoke....but I was told they dont...coz if they did...they wudnt do it in the 1st place.....

D strangest part was that v did request 1 person to stop .....he did...n moved to another place...but what the hell.....2 different sets of ppal took that place n ensured that the  place was smokier than ever!!!!!!!!

No comments:

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...