Sunday, March 1, 2009

Played out!!!!!!

As I sit in front of my comp...writing....I am sooo goddamn jealous of all the neighbourhood kids screaming and running all over the place......d older gals gang playing badminton...the older boys gang playing cricket...n d smaller kids...running and laughing in joy!!!!!

M not even gonna get to it.....as Pravs puts it all the time...I really dont understand what ur complaining abt?...Seems!!!

I do miss out on all the cute lil stuff that I used to get to do when I was small....summer vacations were easily the most awaited times...simply coz it meant that u were re-united with cousins or that they came home....

It also meant times when my mother never really cared if I played all day on the roads.....

V used to play aeroplane, Marco Polo, Tree tree which tree, Train, Chinese Knot, Running n Catching, Lock n key, Colour Colour...which colour do u choose?.....eeeeeesh me all sad now:(

My sister n me used to love playing Badminton....though most of our playing times were spent in figuring out how to get the shuttle-cock out of the numerous trees in our road ....thats abt the only time in my life...when I use to yearn for tree-free land:)

Its comforting to know that u have like-minded friends at times....so u had the whole lot of us playing Lock n Key like people in a mission in Ayyappa Park in BEL Circle after returning from Brinda's house...or us trying the jarabandis n the see-saw enroute to Hassan or playing train, one-legged race in GKVK, closer to home......

What was even more comforting was to hear my 13 year old cousin tell me that I wish my friends were like urs.....apparently some of her classmates play other classy games:)

Cycling was another fav sport of ours...n racing d best part...till date...Im sure my racing companion does not remember also...But I have always beaten her to catching Mrs.Garud's classes 1st....

My cycle has gathered rust...the tyres have given out their air to their atmosphere decades ago...when I was mentioning to my mother...that Pravs got herself a new bicycle ....she told me that lets get it repaired n then u can cycle again:)

Do not have the slighest doubt...that Cma will let her cycle die its death...coz the coming weekend....she is atleast gonne see if someone can unleash new life into it:)

No comments:

A decade without Acha

 Acha is my father. I lost him 10 years ago, Feb 19th'2012. I dont like using him in "past tense". I still believe that no one...